METRO P.P.M 250 mg Tablet is used for treatment of infections due to susceptible micro-organisms: amebiasis, trichomonasis, lambliasis, anaerobic bacterial infections, non-specific vaginitis.
- Metronidazole …………………….. 250mg
- Excipients: q.s.f ………………….. 1 tablet
In all cases, you must strictly comply with your doctor’s prescription.
- Children: 30 to 40 mg/kg/day, divided into 3 doses.
- Adults: 6 tablets per day, divided into 3 doses.
The duration of the treatment is generally from 7 to 10 days.
Trichomonasis (urethritis or vaginitis by trichomonas):
- Adults (women & men): 8 tablets as a single dose and repeat the dose after 15 days or 2 tablets per day, divided into 2 doses for 10 days.
Your partner must be treated simultaneously even if he/she does not show any clinical signs.
- from 5 to 10 years old: 1½ tablets per day, divided into 2 doses.
- from 10 to 15 years old: 2 tablets per day, divided into 2 doses.
- Adults: 3 to 4 tablets per day, divided into 2 doses.
The duration of the treatment is generally from 5 to 7 days.
Anaerobic bacterial infections:
- Children: 20 to 30 mg/kg/day, divided into 3 doses.
- Adults: 4 to 6 tablets per day, divided into 3 doses.
- Adults: 2 tablets, 2 times per day for 7 days.
Mode of administration: Oral route.
- Headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unpleasant metallic taste, anorexia, dizziness, skin allergy….
Pregnancy: This drug can be prescribed during the pregnancy as needed.
Breast-feeding: Avoid the administration of this drug during the breast-feeding.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist prior to starting or stopping a new medication