About this item:
- 100% mineral sunscreen to reflect the sun’s rays.
- Three essential ceramides help restore skin’s natural barrier and lock in moisture.
- Hyaluronic acid: Helps retain skin’s natural moisture.
- Allergy tested, oil-free, non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free to be gentle on the skin.
- Hawaii Compliant Sunscreen: Sunscreen filters titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, are compliant for use in Hawaii* Hawaii prohibits the sale, offer of sale, and distribution of sunscreens that contain oxybenzone.
How to use:
Directions for Sunscreen Use:
- Apply CeraVe Sunscreen Body Lotion SPF 50 liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply at least every 2 hours and immediately after towel drying.
- Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.
- Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Mineral-based UV filters form a protective barrier to help reflect UV rays away from the skin’s surface. Because the ingredients in a mineral sunscreen stay on the surface of the skin to help protect it, a white cast can sometimes remain after applying the product. Follow these tips to apply your mineral sunscreen:
- Dispense a small amount to one palm and rub your hands together.
- Apply to one area of the body at a time and thoroughly massage into the skin.
- The formula should spread easily without leaving a greasy residue or feel.
All sunscreens should be applied liberally for sun protection. It is essential to use any sunscreen product as directed.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m-2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses